Hi Web developers! We’ve had a lot of PhoneGap + Creative SDK announcements for you recently. We announced our first PhoneGap plugins, a PhoneGap template for the Image Editor, and another batch of PhoneGap plugins.
As a companion to that second batch of plugins, today we are releasing a PhoneGap template for the Creative SDK Send To Desktop API.
A template is a great way to start learning about a PhoneGap plugin. Templates are essentially sample apps that you can download via NPM, build from your command line, and run on your device (these plugins support iOS and Android).
When you try out the Creative SDK Send To Desktop PhoneGap template, without writing any code, you’ll have a sample app for your reference that looks like this:
In the template app, you can:
- log in and out with your Adobe ID (User Auth UI plugin)
- take a photo (Cordova Camera plugin)
- edit the photo (Image Editor UI plugin)
- send the photo to Photoshop on the desktop (Send To Desktop API plugin)
Try it out
You can get started with the Creative SDK Send To Desktop template for PhoneGap by checking out the repo on GitHub.
The README covers everything you need to get going, including prerequisites, setup steps, and files to check for sample code.
After you’ve tried the template and you’re ready to learn more about the plugins that make the template possible, check out these GitHub repos:
- Client Auth: The starting point for all Creative SDK integrations
- Image Editor UI: Powerful photo editing for mobile apps
- User Auth UI: Adobe Creative Cloud user login, right in your app
- Send To Desktop API: Magically send images from mobile to Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
The READMEs for the plugin repos on GitHub contain Setup and API guides, as well as sample code, to help you get started quickly.
If there’s another Creative SDK PhoneGap plugin you’d like to see, let us know in the comments!